TLC Pharmaceutical Standards Ltd. specializes in the custom synthesis of complex organic compounds for use as reference standards by the bio-medical and pharmaceutical industries around the world. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers and the overall community by providing the highest quality reference standards that are accompanied by an extensive and complete certificate of analysis (COA).
TLC offers over 20,000 certified reference standards from stock and we add approximately 2000 new standards yearly. Our product line includes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API), drug impurities, amino acid/peptide drug standards, metabolite standards, as well as their stable isotope labelled analogues.
What we offer:
- A clean and safe working environment with opportunities for career growth and development
- A supportive and dedicated team
- A competitive salary and benefits plan
- Annual bonuses
Junior Synthetic Organic Chemist:
We are currently looking for Junior Synthetic Chemists who will be able to perform complex and diverse organic synthesis, purifications, and characterization under the supervision of a senior chemist.
Please submit a short summary of your previous research work if you have any.
- MSc or BSc in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, applied chemistry, or related field.
- Strong interest in synthetic organic chemistry with a hard-working mindset.
- Understands the physical and chemical properties of different reactions, raw materials, intermediates, and reagents, with the ability to select appropriate reaction conditions by referring to literature.
- High proficiency with thin layer chromatography, column chromatography, recrystallization, and other purification methods.
- Strong knowledge of organic chemical reactions, mechanisms.
- Ability to perform NMR and Mass spectrum analysis will be a strong asset.
- Work on a number of different projects of varying lengths and complexity.
- Keeps a complete and accurate record of all observations, measurements, techniques, procedures, and conclusions in the laboratory notebook.
- Good communication and learning skills.
- Strong teamwork ability with a sense of responsibility.
- Self-motivated and works with minimal supervision.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Positions are open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you!